All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[05/11/2022] The World That The Prophet ﷺ Was Born Into And His Early Years – By Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul Wahid حفظه الله. A Glimpse at the Best of Mankind Conference, Masjid At-Tawheed, Cardiff, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- The reason for the importance of this topic.
- The lineage of the Messenger ﷺ.
- Two positions regarding using the kunya Abūl-Qāsim.
- Proof that lineage is established through the father.
- The foretelling of the Prophet Muḥammad ﷺ in the Tawrāh (Deuteronomy, Chapter 18).
- The story of Ibrāhīm, Sārah, Hājar and a brief history of Makkāh, the city in which the Prophet ﷺ was born.
- A description of the society in times of Jāhiliyyah (in Makkah).
- The religious groups that were present in the Arabian Peninsula, and their beliefs:
- How ‘Amr b. Luḥay al-Khuzā’ī introduced idolatry into Makkah.
- A mention of those who were upon Ḥanīfiyyah.
- The goddesses worshipped by the pagan Arabs (i.e. al-Lāt, al-‘Uzzah and al-Manāt).
- Doctrinal, moral, social, political and economic characteristics of the environment into which the Prophet Muḥammad ﷺ was born.
- The need for the revival of the religion of Ibrāhīm (عليه السلام) in this time.
- Some vestiges of the Islām of Ibrāhīm that remained among the Arabs in Makkah, alongside their idolatry.
- The central role of the Ka’bah and Makkah in the spiritual and economic life of the Arabs.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.