All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[21/07/2023] The Story of ʿĀshoorā’ and the Victory of Moosā over Pharoah – By Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul Wahid حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid Salafi, Small Heath, Birmingham, UK.
Some points covered by Abu Khadeejah حفظه الله during this khutbah:
- The best prayer after the obligatory prayers and the best fast after the month of Ramaḍān.
- The significance of the Day of ‘Āshūrā’, and the reward for fasting it.
- A principle in the Sunnah of Allāh’s Messenger ﷺ that is oft forgotten in the times we live in.
- The obligation of differing from the Jews, Christians, mushrikīn and fāsiqīn.
- How to differ from the Jews regarding fasting ‘Āshūrā’.
- Trusting in Allāh when giving da’wah.
- The story of Mūsā (عليه السلام) mentioned in Sūrah an-Nāzi’āt.
- The last and first transgressions of Fir’awn mentioned in this sūrah.
- Lessons we learn from the story of Mūsā and the victory Allāh gave to him and Banī Isrā’īl over Fir’āwn and his people.
- The dream that caused Fir’awn to slaughter the young boys from Banī Isrā’īl.
- The birth of Mūsā, how he ended up in the household of Fir’awn and the reunion with his mother.
- Challenges faced by Mūsā.
- His victory over the magicians and their acceptance of his message.
- The state of the true believer who relies upon Allāh.
- The torture Āsiyah (the wife of Fir’awn) endured and how Allāh aided her.
- The victory Allāh gives to the believers who trust in Him.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.