All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[Feburary 2007] The Path Of The People Of Ḥadīth In Seeking Knowledge – By Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul Wahid حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points covered during this Khutbah:
- The Companions were the first of Ahlul-Ḥadīth.
- The way of Ahlul-Ḥadith in sticking to the Sunnah of the Messenger ﷺ in all affairs.
- One of the most stringent affairs Imām Aḥmad (رحمه الله) was known for.
- The first madhhab in existence before all the deviant groups and ideologies.
- Those who claim to be from Ahlul-Ḥadīth but oppose their way.
- Proof that ‘Īsā b. Maryam (عليه السلام) will be from Ahlul-Ḥadīth when he returns.
- Abū Bakr b. Abī Dāwūd’s (رحمه الله) dream about Abū Hurayrah (رضى الله عنه) when he was compiling his aḥādīth in Sijistān.
- How to judge the realities of those who claim to be from Ahlul-Ḥadīth today.
- Imām Abū ‘Uthmān as-Ṣābūnī (رحمه الله) on the distinguishing signs of Ahlul-Ḥadīth and that of the People of Innovation and Desires.
- Synonymous terms for Ahlul-Ḥadīth.
- The madhhab the Companions (رضى الله عنهم) took into the various lands they conquered.
- The awe-inspiring example of Abū Hātim ar-Rāzī (رحمه الله) in his search for knowledge.
- Pondering over our behaviour vs that of the Salaf regarding seeking knowledge.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.