All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[22/12/2017] The Pagan Roots of Christmas & the Stance of the Muslim – By Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul Wahid حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
- The origin of the word ‘Christmas’.
- How the Catholic Church adopted and spread the celebration of Christmas.
- Early Christians regarded the celebration of birthdays as a practice of the sinners.
- The Ancient Roman roots of Christmas.
- The resemblance of those who celebrate the birthday of the Prophet Muḥammad ﷺ to the Christians.
- The attitude Muslims should have towards these celebrations.
- The perfection and preservation of the dīn.
- The legislated celebrations of the Muslims.
- The two categories celebrations of the non-Muslims fall into.
- The rejection of any practice or celebration that has no textual basis in Islām.
- A narration from the Messenger ﷺ that perfectly illustrates what the Muslims have fallen into in our times.
- The dangerous outcome of celebrating the festivals of the non-Muslims and resembling them.
- The impermissibility of accepting and giving gifts during non-Muslim festivals.
- How resembling a people outwardly leads to resembling them inwardly.
- Generosity and kindness to non-Muslims does not necessitate participating in their religious festivals.
- An encouragement to find sufficiency in our unique Islamic identity that is founded in the Qur’ān and Sunnah.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.