All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[18/08/2023] The Humbleness of the Prophet ﷺ and Those Who Truly Follow Him – By Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul Wahid حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid Salafi, Small Heath, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
- A noble and praiseworthy quality that our Lord has enjoined upon His worshippers and endowed upon our Messenger ﷺ.
- The meaning of at-Tawāḍu’.
- Ibn Taymiyyah (رحمه الله) on the one who is truly humble.
- Imām as-Sa’dī (رحمه الله) on those who outwardly manifest humility for corrupted aims.
- Aḥādīth that highlight the humility of the Prophet ﷺ – not looking down upon the people and fulfilling their needs, eating and sitting like a slave, refusing to have anyone stand for him and choosing to be a Prophet Slave instead of a Prophet King.
- Choosing to follow the Messenger ﷺ as our example in this era of showing off.
- The humble clothing of the Messenger ﷺ.
- ‘Ā’ishah (رضى الله عنها) on the conduct of the Prophet ﷺ in his home.
- The reason the Prophet ﷺ made du’ā to live and die as a miskīn (poor person) and to be gathered with them on the Day of Judgement, and his advice to ‘Ā’ishah (رضى الله عنها) regarding the poor.
- The Prophet’s ﷺ dislike to be praised or raised.
- The elevated station given to the Prophet ﷺ by Allāh on the Day of Judgement.
- The humility of all of the Prophets of Allāh (عليهم الصلاة والسلام).
- Shaykh al-Albānī (رحمه الله) on the disease of the youth today.
- The Prophet’s ﷺ advice to show humility and not be arrogant or transgress the rights of others.
- Abū Bakr aṣ-Ṣiddīq (رضى الله عنه) on the fruits of taqwā (piety), yaqīn (certainty)and humility.
- Ā’ishah (رضى الله عنها) on the best of worship.
- Some benefits of humility.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.