All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[07/05/2016] The Correct Meaning Of A Muslim’s Testimony Of Faith – By Abu Iyaad Amjad Rafiq حفظه الله. Lecture in Gloucester, UK.
Some points discussed during these lessons:
— Part 1 —
- Five elements to understanding the meanings and implications of Lā ilāha illa Allāh.
- The greatness of the kalimah Lā ilāha illa Allāh, and titles given to it.
- The nature of misguidance.
- The meaning of Lā ilāha illa Allāh.
- A brief linguistic analysis of the kalimah.
- The meaning it conveys and its grammatical structure.
- The reason ‘There is no Creator but God’ is a gross mistake in translating the kalimah.
- The meaning of ‘ibādah.
- The pillars of Lā ilāha illa Allāh.
- That which the kalimah necessitates.
- The impermissibility of being ignorant of the meaning of Lā ilāha illa Allāh.
- The false belief of the Murji’ah.
- Incorrect, extremist understandings of the kalimah Lā ilāha illa Allāh.
- The false explanations of the extreme Ṣūfīs, the Jabariyyah, Ahlul-Kalām and the Khawārij.
- The meaning of the kalimah with Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamā’ah.
— PART 2 —
- Recap of the previous lesson.
- The seven conditions of Lā ilāha illa Allāh.
- Nullifiers of Lā ilāha illa Allāh.
- A refutation of the claim that Shaykh al-Islām Muḥammad b. ‘Abdul-Wahhāb spread Takfīr.
- The second part of the Shahādah: Muḥammad is the Messenger of Allāh.
- Its meaning, that which it necessitates and its conditions.
- Regarding the grammatical construction of Muḥammad Rasūl Allāh, are there any words implied in the meaning but not stated, as is the case with Lā ilāha illa Allāh? [01:10:53]
- Is there any truth to the statement that the translation ‘There is no god but God’ is the basic meaning and the meaning explained in this lesson is more comprehensive? [01:15:20]
- What is the meaning of the word muqaddar? [01:19:09]
- What is the meaning of muqtaḍā? [01:21:09]
- The response to the claim that Hindus worship one god but the idols are the different manifestations of his attributes. [01:22:26]
- What is there from the practices of the Yahūd (Jews) that make them worship other than the Creator? [01:30:01]
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.