All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[05/03/2021] That Which Every Muslim Should Know Regarding Buying and Selling – By Abu Hakeem Bilal bin Ahmad Davis.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.
From this khutbah I learnt these points:
The conditions for trade the Ustadh mentioned are:
• Both individuals must be pleased with the transaction
• All defaults must be disclosed
• All transactions should be with wealth one possesses- either you are an owner or representative of the wealth. You must also be baaligh and ‘aaqil.
• The item being sold must be permissible to sell, not something with zero benefit.
• One must be able to hold and possess the item and must have knowledge of what they are buying (so no mystery job lots etc.)
• The price must be known (no “take it and give what you please.”)
He provided more detail for each point and examples. He mentioned what makes a transaction binding. He also mentioned some beneficial examples of impermissible trade, and principles for setting down conditions in transactions. There is useful information about returns and refunds too.
Masha allah extremely beneficial as like all the other ones by the brother of ahlusunna wal jammaah