All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[08/04/2022] Do Not Corrupt Your Fast! – By Abu Idrees Muhammad Khān حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
– The things that harm the fast.
– Benefits from the ḥadīth, “Whoever does not leave off Qawl az-Zūr and acting upon it, and jahl (ignorance), then Allāh is not in need of him leaving off his food and drink.”
– The meaning of Qawl az-Zūr and the intent of ‘jahl’ in this ḥadīth.
– Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymīn (رحمه الله) on the meaning of “Allāh is not in need”.
– The great danger of the tongue.
– A beautiful statement from Jābir b. ‘Abdillāh (رضى الله عنه) regarding how a person should fast.
– Ibn al-Qayyim (رحمه الله) on some of the characteristics of the fasting person and the true intent of fasting.
– Being careful not to fall into any negative characteristics that will harm the fast.
– The muflis (bankrupt one) from this ummah and his frightening reality on the Day of Judgement.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.