All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[25/12/2022] “Seek Knowledge Before it is Taken Away, and it is Taken Away by the Death of the Scholars.” [Part 2] – By Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul Wahid حفظه الله. The SalafiPublications Winter Conference at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- Explanation of the statement of ‘Umar b. al-Khaṭṭāb (رضى الله عنه), “The death of a thousand worshippers is easier than the death of a scholar who has insight and knowledge of that which is ḥalāl and ḥarām with Allāh.”
- The scholars are not to be mentioned except with excellence.
- The crucial role of the scholars in preserving the religion.
- The revivers of the religion.
- That which is lost when a person belittles the scholars, the rulers and his brothers.
- Ibn Mas’ūd (رضى الله عنه) on how Islām will be diminished from the people.
- A description of the time when people will regard the Sunnah to be bid’ah and bid’ah to be the Sunnah.
- Mob mentality of the people.
- The harm of seeking wealth and status.
- Muḥammad Ḥijāb’s revilement of the scholars.
- Ibn ‘Asākir (رحمه الله) on the flesh of the scholars being poison.
- The two types of people who will follow the Dajjāl.
- The growth of the Salafī da’wah in the 90s.
- The extent to which the Muslims follow the Jews and Christians.
- The danger of following the crowd and not giving knowledge the importance it deserves.
- The destruction of the people due to the passing away of the scholars.
- Striving to constantly increase in knowledge.
- Days of treachery and deception wherein patience is required.
- The first ones to fall to the deceptions of the Dajjāl.
- Mujāhid (رحمه الله) on the verse, “And the heavens and the earth wept not for them…” [Sūrah ad-Dukhān 44:29]
- Statements from Sa’īd b. Zayd and ‘Abdullāh b. Mas’ūd regarding the calamity of the death of ‘Umar (رضى الله عنهم) upon the ummah.
- We say to the people: Name to us your men!
- Clinging to the truth and seeking knowledge.
- The meaning of the Jamā’ah.
- An encouragement to seek out and cling to the Salafī communities.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.