All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[Dec 2008] Patience in The Face of Afflictions – By Abu Idrees Muhammad Khān حفظه الله. Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
A beautiful lecture delivered by Abu Idrees حفظه الله in December 2008 at the Salafi Masjid in Birmingham. The lecture title speaks for itself – afflictions strike every person from time to time, some more severe than others. So how does one behave? How do you sustain and maintain patience, and earn the reward and grace of Allāh?
Some points discussed during this lesson:
– The definition of patience.
– Āyāt mentioning patience.
– The four categories of mankind as it relates to them possessing the virtues of patience and mercy.
– The patience of the Prophets Ayyūb and Yūsuf (عليهم السلام).
– The example of Umm Salamah (رضى الله عنها) and her reward for obeying the Messenger ﷺ.
– Those trialled the most, and the reward for remaining patient.
– Examples of the patience of the Prophet Muḥammad ﷺ.
– The story of al-Ifk and tremendous benefits regarding patience found therein.
– Statements from the Salaf regarding the great virtue of patience.
– The three types of patience.
– The inevitability of calamities for the one upon the way of the Prophets.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.