All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[15/01/2023] [Part 4] Shaykh Muqbil رحمه الله – A Day In Dammaj – By Abul-Ḥasan Mālik Al-Akhdar حفظه الله – Masjid At-Tawheed – Cardiff – Wales.
Some points covered by Abu Al-Ḥasan Mālik حفظه الله:
- Striving to preserve one’s time and health and not incur loss due to laziness.
- Shaykh Ibn Bāz (رحمه الله) on the meaning of knowledge that does not benefit.
- The meaning of the verse, “Verily, the recitation of the Qur’ān in the early dawn is ever witnessed.” [Sūrah al-Isrā 17:78]
- A description of a day in Dammāj.
- The importance of repetition when memorising.
- Actions after Fajr that carry the reward of a complete Ḥajj and ‘Umrah.
- The meaning of ‘musnad’ with Ahlul-Ḥadīth.
- The musnad authored by Shaykh Muqbil (رحمه الله), which he then made into a Jāmi’ so more students could benefit.
- Shaykh Muqbil on the blessings of Allāh upon him.
- The necessity of patience for the student of knowledge.
- The response of Shaykh Muqbil when asked if it is possible to study Tafsīr Ibn Kathīr without certainty regarding the authenticity of some of the narrations.
- The Shaykh’s praise for the Tafsīr of Imām Ibn Kathīr (رحمهم الله).
- The great love the Shaykh had for Ḥadīth.
- An example of the humour of the Shaykh.
- The Shaykh’s advice to learn Arabic and his encouragement for the students to help each other.
- His advice regarding writing in order to aid in memorising ḥadīth.
- The patience and forbearance of the Shaykh when he would receive people from the difference tribes.
- Benefitting from the Shaykh during walks in the valley.
- The Shaykh on the benefit of studying books regarding the proofs of Prophethood.
- His advice to the women to manage their time and seek knowledge.
- His encouragement to choose a specialisation after learning the fundamentals and being grounded, and proof from the Sunnah regarding this.
- Shaykh Rabī’s (حفظه الله) praise for the markaz of Shaykh Muqbil regarding the immense benefit gained there.
- What differentiated Dammāj from other institutions of learning.
- An account of the last time seeing the Shaykh and the advice he gave (رحمه الله).
What would you advise, marry first or seek knowledge?
Who from the Muḥaddithūn do we rely upon for grading of the narrations?
What is intended by there is no prayer when the food is served or when one needs to relieve himself?
Are there any narrations of the Salaf aṣ-Ṣālīḥ traveling and studying with their wives?
Is it true that Shaykh Muqbil would have durūs for the jinn?
How did you balance seeking knowledge in Yemen and taking care of your family?
What is your advice for the Salafī who belittles his sins due to being upon the correct ‘Aqīdah and Manhaj?
Is a mursal ḥadīth acted upon?
What was the last question the Shaykh asked you?
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.