All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[12/08/2023] [Part 1] Explanation of the Last Verses of Sūrah al-Baqarah Regarding Sin, Forgetfulness, Error and Burdens – By Abu ‘Iyād Amjad Rafiq (حفظه الله) – SalafiPublications Summer Conference 1445 | 2023. Masjid Salafi, Small Heath, Birmingham, UK.
Some points covered by Abu ‘Iyād Amjad Rafiq (حفظه الله):
- Aḥādīth regarding the virtue and excellence of Sūrah al-Baqarah generally, and its final āyāt specifically.
- A benefit from Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymīn (رحمه الله) regarding the grammatical structure of āyah 284.
- The meaning of al-Maghfirah.
- The reason for the revelation of these āyāt (Sūrah al-Baqarah 284-286).
- The humble submission of the Ṣaḥābah and Allāh’s response to their du’ā.
- The favours of Allāh upon this ummah.
- Benefits from āyah 284, “To Allāh belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth, and whether you disclose what is in your own selves or conceal it, Allāh will call you to account for it. Then He forgives whom He wills and punishes whom He wills. And Allāh is Able to do all things.”
- 1. The generality of Allāh’s Dominion over all things.
- The ramblings of speculative scientists who are far from revelation.
- 2. Allāh is the One Who maintains, regulates and controls everything in creation.
- Refutation of the naturalist and atheists.
- 3. There is no partner with Allāh in His Dominion.
- 4. The obligation to single out Allāh in His worship.
- 5. The attribute of Perfection [for Allāh].
- 6. There are seven heavens.
- 7. The generality of the Knowledge of Allāh and the vastness of His Knowledge.
- 8. A warning to the servant that we conceal in our hearts that which Allāh is not pleased with.
- Ibn al-Qayyim (رحمه الله) on the process by which an idea progresses into a habit [as it relates to sin].
- 9. The different categories of things a servant might be held to account for regarding his thoughts – five scenarios that particularise the meaning of the verse.
- 10. Affirmation that the servant will be called to account.
- 11. Allāh tied punishment to His Will.
- The one whose sins will not be shielded by Allāh in this world.
- 12. The vastness of the Knowledge of Allāh.
- 13. Affirmation of Allāh’s Mashī’ah (Will), which is always tied to His Wisdom.
- Refutation of Ahlul-Kalām in this regard.
- A sign of the people of falsehood.
- 14. After a person is held to account he will either be forgiven or punished.
- 15. Affirmation of Allāh’s Attribute of Power, which encompasses every single thing.
- The reason Allāh ended this āyah with His Qudrah.
- A modern-day analogy that causes one to reflect upon his fear of Allāh and the fact that everything is precisely recorded by the angels.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.