All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[26/05/2023] “O son of Ādam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you…” – By Abu Fuḍayl ‘Abdur Raqīb حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
- Benefits from the Ḥadīth Qudsī, “O son of Ādam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Ādam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Ādam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would in turn bring you forgiveness nearly as great as (the earth).” [Reported in At-Tirmidhī]
- The three means of attaining forgiveness mentioned in this hadīth.
- Making du’ā, along with having hope that Allāh will forgive you.
- The misguidance of making du’ā while thinking Allāh will not forgive you.
- Actions of the wise individual.
- The foolishness of the one who follows his desires yet hopes in Allāh’s Mercy [without making du’ā].
- The extensive forgiveness of Allāh.
- The arrogance of the one who feels safe from the plan of Allāh.
- Ḥasan al-Basrī (رحمه الله) on the difference between the believer and the evil doer when they perform actions.
- The constant need for istighfār.
- The difference between the one who intentionally enters into sin and the one who falls short due to weakness.
- Aḥādīth that encourage with being plentiful in seeking forgiveness.
- Being upon Tawḥīd.
- The importance of living and dying upon Tawḥīd.
- Glad tidings for the Muwaḥhid.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.
Be the first to comment