All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[19/08/2022] “Nothing Increases The Lifespan Of A Person, Other Than Piety. And Nothing Averts The Pre-Decree Other Than Du’ā…” – Explanation of Kitāb As-Sunnah from Sunan Ibn Mājah [Lesson 88] – by Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul-Wāhid حفظه الله.
Listen to all previous lessons via the PLAYLIST HERE
Some of the points discussed in this lesson:
– Ḥadīth #90.
– “Nothing increases the lifespan of a person, other than piety. And nothing averts the pre-decree other than Du’ā…”
Declared Hasan by Al-Albāni (رحمه الله).
– The meaning of “Nothing increases the lifespan but righteousness”.
– Understanding that the means are connected to the end result, however the [desired] outcome is not guaranteed.
– The virtue of being pious and its great reward.
– Taking the means in order to achieve the end result.
– The great station of du’ā and how it averts evil.
– Causes for a lengthy life.
– The blessing of being guided to Tawḥīd and the Sunnah.
– The necessity of patience in dealing with one’s family.
– The attainment of provisions through having taqwā.
– The evil effects of sins.
– The means to every good and some effects of taqwā.
– The believer and the unbeliever in the dunyā.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.