All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[12/08/2023] My Last Day in This World – By Abu Idrees Muhammad Khān (حفظه الله) – SalafiPublications Summer Conference 1445 | 2023. Masjid Salafi, Small Heath, Birmingham, UK.
Some points covered by Abu Idrees حفظه الله during this lesson:
- The first step on the road back from sin: Understanding that Allāh is the Most Merciful.
- Āyāt from the Book of Allāh regarding His Mercy.
- Not falling into despair.
- The Forgiveness of Allāh.
- The second step: Recognising that we do not know where or when we will die.
- How ‘Abdullāh b. ‘Umar (رضى الله عنهما) implemented the advice of the Prophet ﷺ.
- Imaging tomorrow is our last day in this dunyā, and some of the things we can possibly do on that day to get closer to Allāh.
- The morning supplications.
- The reward for perfecting one’s wuḍū’ and saying the supplication after it.
- The virtue of the sunnah of Fajr.
- Glad tidings to those who walk to the masjid in darkness.
- Praying Fajr, making dhikr of Allāh until the sun rises and then offering two rak’āt.
- The du’ā known as ‘Sayyidul-Istighfār’, and the reward for saying it.
- A du’ā that if said the servant will have 100 good deeds written, 100 bad deeds wiped away and would have a shield against shayṭān that day.
- The du’ā to be said when leaving home, which suffices, protects and guides the person.
- Specific actions that will enter a person into Jannah.
- The reason these narrations do not have an effect upon our hearts.
- Narrations regarding those for whom the hellfire will be made impermissible.
- Crying from the fear of Allāh.
- Three types of people whose eyes will not be touched by the hellfire.
- Encouragement to rectify broken relationships with our loved ones.
- An example of the softness we should have when we address our parents.
- The reward for having patience upon the death of a child.
- Advice to our relatives before we depart from this world.
- Specific advice for the men of our families.
- Advice to the women.
- Remembering the deceased, and actions that can aid them.
- Shaykh Aḥmad an-Najmī’s (رحمه الله) farewell waṣiyyah.
- Advice to the jamā’ah, loved ones and close companions.
- Aiding our brothers/sisters who have fallen short.
- Taking the best people as companions and staying away from the foolish.
- Reminding our families and loved ones to attend our funerals.
- One of the greatest gifts we will definitely utilise if it were our last night in the dunyā.
- A heartfelt du’ā asking Allāh for a good end.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.