All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[11/03/2022] Love, Fear & Hope – By Abu Hakeem Bilāl Davis (حفظه الله). Khutbah at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
– Striking the balance between love, fear and hope.
– Abū ‘Alī ar-Rūdhbārī on the signs of reflecting upon:
– The āyāt of Allāh
– The promise of Allāh
– The threats and punishment of Allāh
– The negligence of the nafs alongside the constant benevolence of Allāh towards the servant.
– A ḥadīth from the Messenger ﷺ explaining the meaning of having true shame before Allāh.
– Guarding all of our body parts from disobeying Allāh.
– Remembering death and leaving the pomp and glitter of the dunyā.
– Walking upon the earth with nobility and rising above the lowly, dispraised characteristics of the majority.
– A beautiful parable used by Imām Ibn al-Qayyim regarding the affair of gathering between love, hope and fear.
– Ibn Rajab on how the worshipper of Allāh differs from the one who is compelled.
– The time at which precedence should be given to fear and when it should be given to hope.
– Tremendous statements from Abū Sulaymān ad-Dārānī and Yūsuf b. Asbāṭ on the effect of the heart giving more precedence to fear.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.