All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[21/01/2023] Living The Deen – Practical Advice For Parents and Children – By Abu Idrees Muhammad Khān حفظه الله. Masjid As-Sunnah, Bradford, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- Striving to rectify our relationship with our Lord and have a good end.
- Allāh’s command to cling firmly to the religion and not follow the footsteps of Shayṭān.
- Seeking honour in Islām alone and being proud of our Muslim identity.
- The best way to gain honour and respect.
- Following the example of the Prophets (عليهم السلام) in beseeching Allāh for His Aid.
- The condition to be from those Allāh described as “the best ummah raised from mankind.”
- Benefits from the āyah, “O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islām), Allāh will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allāh, and never afraid of the blame of the blamers. That is the Grace of Allāh which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allāh is All-Sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knower.” [Sūrah al-Mā’idah 5:54]
- The Prophets and Messengers (عليهم السلام) were proud to be servants of Allāh and call themselves Muslims.
- Preparing for the day we stand before Allāh.
- A mention of some aḥādīth regarding the fitan (trials and tribulations) that will befall this ummah.
- Widespread fitan that will enter into our homes.
- Fighting the evil and darkness with the light of the Qur’ān and Sunnah.
- A call to the parents to lead by example.
- Hastening to perform righteous deeds, and analysing ourselves regarding the actions we perform.
- Affairs the Messenger ﷺ informed us will occur that we are experiencing in our time.
- Proof from the Qur’ān and Sunnah regarding the only type of relationship that is pleasing to Allāh.
- A stern warning against following the actions of the people of Lūṭ (عليه السلام).
- The prohibition of men and women imitating each other.
- The great effect of companionship upon a person.
- The good companion vs the evil companion.
- Āyāt regarding the frightening outcome of having evil companions and how they will blame and make du’ā against each other on the Day of Judgement.
- Words of encouragement for parents who are being tested with their children.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.