All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[07/10/2023] Lesson 45 – Chapter: Boycotting the People of Innovation – The ‘Aqīdah of Imām Muhammad ibn ‘Abdil-Wahhāb – By Abu Khadeejah – Masjid Bin Bāz – London.
Weekly lesson at Masjid Bin Bāz, London, UK – by Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul-Wāhid حفظه الله. To listen to previous lessons, go to the Playlist HERE
Some points covered during this lesson:
- Chapter: Boycotting the People of Innovation
- The meaning of “bid’ah”.
- The religion is complete and not in need of additions.
- Clear proof from the Messenger ﷺ that the religion does not accept innovation, and the reason he constantly warned against newly introduced affairs at a time when bid’ah was not present.
- The bid’ah (in belief) of the Rāfiḍah, Khawārij, Murji’ah, Jahmiyyah, Ashariyyah and Kullābiyyah.
- Examples of bid’ah in ‘ibādah.
- The response to those who claim there are “good innovations”.
- Refutation of those who try to use the statement of ‘Umar (رضى الله عنه) regarding the Tarāwīḥ prayer as proof for “good innovations”.
- The obligation of abandoning innovation as well as boycotting the innovators.
- Judging the people based on what is apparent.
- The difference between innovation in worldly affairs and innovation in the religion.
- A warning against closing our minds and eyes to reality and believing anti-Islamic rhetoric that the earth is overpopulated and other lies that are propagated.
- Is it permissible to pray behind a person who propagated the burdah of al-Busayrī? He also claimed the Prophet ﷺ had knowledge from the beginning of creation up until the Day of Judgement.
- How do we balance between judging by the apparent and the excuse of ignorance in the matters of kufr or shirk?
- Who are the ‘Abbāsiyyūn?
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.