All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[09/02/2023] Lesson 26: The Ruling on Play-Acting, Movies and Nasheeds in the Field of Da’wah – Beneficial Answers to Questions Regarding The Innovated Methodologies – Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul-Wāhid حفظه الله.
Some points covered during this lesson:
- Question 37: The ruling on play-acting, movies and nasheeds in the field of da’wah.
- The origin of theatrical plays.
- The origin regarding acts of worship and customs of the people.
- The innovation of play-acting.
- Responding to those who claim plays are a beneficial means of da’wah.
- Shaykh ‘Abdus-Salām Barjiss (رحمه الله) on there being no need for these plays.
- The correct way to call the people to the Book and Sunnah.
- The sufficiency of the Sharī’ah in reaching the goal of da’wah to Allāh.
- Ibn Mas’ūd (رضى الله عنه) on clinging to the original affair being cautious of innovations.
- The difference between newly invented matters in worldly affairs and in the religion.
- How to determine if something is a beneficial means of rectification.
- The audacity of the one who adds to the Sharī’ah.
- Shaykh Ḥammūd b. ‘Abdillāh at-Tuwayjirī (رحمه الله) on utilising plays in da’wah.
- The reprehensibility of lying to make people laugh.
- A ḥadīth that censures pretending to be someone else.
- The impermissibility of roleplaying and how it is belittlement of the person being impersonated.
- Statements from the Salaf regarding their hatred for the telling of fictional stories and sitting in such gatherings.
- The danger of playing the role of disbelievers in these plays.
- The harms of using these plays as a means of da’wah.
- Refutation of the ridiculous argument that angels taking the form of human beings is a proof for the permissibility of acting.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.