All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[11/11/2022] The Virtues of the Companions of the Messenger ﷺ [Cont.] – Explanation of Kitāb As-Sunnah from Sunan Ibn Mājah [Lesson 92] – by Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul-Wāhid حفظه الله.
Listen to all previous lessons via the PLAYLIST HERE
Some of the points discussed in this lesson:
- Chapter: The Virtues of the Companions of the Messenger ﷺ.
- The reason Allāh praised both Dāwūd and Sulaymān in the āyah, “And We made Sulaymān to understand (the case), and to each of them We gave Ḥukman (right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) and knowledge.” [Sūrah al-Anbiyā’ 21:79]
- Allāh’s praise for the Muhājirūn in Sūrah al-Ḥashr 59:8, and the story of Abū Salamah and Umm Salamah.
- Allāh’s praise for the Anṣār in Sūrah al-Ḥashr 59:9.
- The reason Banū Naḍīr was expelled from al-Madīnah.
- Proof that our hearts and tongues must be sound and secure when it comes to the Ṣaḥābah.
- Proof from the Sunnah regarding the virtue and excellence of all of the Ṣaḥābah.
- The three virtuous generations.
- The great bounty granted to the Ṣaḥābah that was not given to anyone besides them.
- Those who criticise the Ṣaḥābah are in reality criticising the Book of Allāh and the Sunnah of His Messenger ﷺ.
- Abū Zur’ah on why the one who belittles even a single Companion is a zindīq (heretic).
- The reason Mu’āwiyah is specifically mentioned in the books of ‘Aqīdah.
- A stern refutation of the khabīth Muḥammad Ḥijāb and his revilement of the Ṣaḥābah and Ahlus-Sunnah.
- The order of virtue of the Khulāfa ar-Rāshidīn.
- Should a man wait in the waiting room or should he be in the birthing room with his wife?
- What should be done with a newborn baby?
- Is it permissible for the grandparents to contribute to the ‘aqīqah of their grandchild?
- Should we leave the refutations of the scholars as it causes unnecessary back and forth refutations?
- Advice for a sister who just started practicing.
- Is it allowed to deny a proposal of marriage for my child due to ethnicity; not due to racism but preference?
- Question regarding giving to beggars in the street.
- What is the ruling regarding a Muslim man who has a child out of wedlock with a non-Muslim woman?
- How do you advise someone who is overweight but instead of doing something about it they embrace it?
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.