All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[21/07/2023] Chapter: The Virtue and Excellence of ‘Alī b. Abī Ṭālib (رضى الله عنه) – Explanation of Kitāb As-Sunnah from Sunan Ibn Mājah [Lesson 102] – by Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul-Wāhid حفظه الله.
Listen to all previous lessons via the PLAYLIST HERE
Some points covered by Abu Khadeejah حفظه الله during this lesson:
- Ḥadīth #117.
- The reason ‘Umar and the rest of the Ṣaḥābah (رضى الله عنهم) hoped to receive the standard of war on the Day of Khaybar.
- The Prophet’s ﷺ advice to ‘Alī (رضى الله عنه) on the Day of Khaybar.
- The reason ‘Alī wore the clothes of summer in the winter and the clothes of winter in the summer.
- ‘Alī’s bravery in battle.
- How Ahlus-Sunnah view these types of narrations vs the Shī’ah.
- The name of Abū Laylah (رضى الله عنه).
- Ḥadīth #118.
- The excellence of Ḥasan and Ḥusayn (رضى الله عنهما).
- The intent of Ḥasan and Ḥusayn being the leaders of the youth in Jannah, and Abū Bakr and ‘Umar being the leaders of the middle-aged ones in Jannah.
- The belief of Ahlus-Sunnah regarding the virtue of ‘Alī (رضى الله عنه).
- Regarding combining the prayer in summer as we do in this masjid, what should I do if I am here for Maghrib and intend to stay until ‘Ishā?
- Which countries do you recommend hijrah to?
- I see Muslim men amongst our youth wearing silver chains. What is the ruling regarding men wearing jewellery?
- Question regarding Shamsud-Dīn (Shamsi) from Daar us Sunnah.
- During the ṣalāh, do you read Sūrah al-Fātiḥah with the imām, after the imām or before the imām?
- Who was Ṣalāḥ ad-Dīn al-Ayyūbī?
- What is the ruling on hanging āyāt, aḥādīth, adhkār and the Names of Allāh on the walls of a house?
- There is a brother who suffers from severe wiswās (whisperings from shayṭān) and he fears that he harms the people due to these whispers he has during the prayer. Is this a reason for him to stop coming to the masjid for the prayer?
- Is Asrar Rashid upon shirk and kufr?
- In relation to the former ruler of Iraq Ṣaddām Ḥusayn, what we know concerning him is he was upon kufr and communism etc. However, upon his death he took the Shahādah. What is his affair?
- How do we best advise the elders in our family who press us to attend family functions that contain photography etc?
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.