All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[02/06/2023] Holding on to The Religion in Times of Fitan – By Abu Ḥumayd Sālim حفظه الله. Masjid Salafi, Small Heath, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- Shaykh Ṣāliḥ al-Fawzan (حفظه الله) on the purpose for which Allāh created the creation and the reason He puts them to test.
- How fitan (trials/tribulations) distinguishes between the believer and the hypocrite, and the truthful one and the liar.
- The wisdom and mercy of Allāh in allowing fitan to take place.
- The meaning of the verse, “Allāh will not leave the believers in the state in which you are now, until He distinguishes the wicked from the good. Nor will Allāh disclose to you the secrets of the Ghayb (unseen)…” [Sūrah Āl ‘Imrān 3:179]
- Proof that fitan takes place throughout the generations and is not restricted to a specific time or nation.
- Proof that fitan will continue to increase and become more severe as time passes.
- The two main types of fitan.
- Ibn al-Qayyim (رحمه الله) on the origin of every fitnah.
- The detrimental outcomes of the fitan of shubuhāt (doubts) and shahawāt (desires).
- How fitnah in one’s dīn can lead a person to following desires.
- Imām ash-Shanqīṭī (رحمه الله) on the verse, “Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: ‘We believe,’ and will not be tested.” [Sūrah al-‘Ankabūt 29:2]
- Proof that Ahlus-Sunnah are put to trial the most.
- The expiation of sins and multiplication of reward due to trials.
- Shaykh ‘Ubayd (رحمه الله) on actualising al-Walā wal-Barā for the sake of Allāh and not for worldly benefits.
- The faqīh of this ummah in the affair of fitan.
- The test to determine whether or not not your heart has been affected by the fitan presented to it.
- The makhraj (way out) in times of fitan.
- Sticking to the uṣūl, manhaj and akhlāq of the dīn until death.
- A warning against splitting and seeking leadership.
- Showing gratitude to our ‘ulamā and teachers who never changed in what they are upon.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.