All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[23/12/2022] From The Rulings Related to Winter – By Abu Hakeem Bilāl Davis حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
- Ḥafiẓ Ibn Rajab (رحمه الله) on how the seasons of the year remind the believer of the hereafter.
- Rulings related to winter.
- The difference between weather forecasts and the practice of predicting rain due to the movement of the stars.
- The origin regarding the rain and wind is they are blessings from Allāh and should not be cursed.
- Making du’ā when it rains.
- Shaykh Ibn Bāz (رحمه الله) on the desirability of the believer uncovering some of his body so the rain can fall upon him.
- The reason the countenance of the Messenger ﷺ would change when he saw the formation of clouds.
- The permissibility of using rain water for wuḍū’ and ghusl.
- The expiation of sins due to making wuḍū’ well in extreme cold.
- The difference between an impurity and what is considered to be dirty.
- The beginning of the period when it is permissible to wipe over the socks.
- The permissibility of praying at home due to rain.
- Proof that it is not conditional for the rain to be severe in order to pray at home.
- The adhān when it is raining.
- The permissibility of joining the prayer during winter weather.
- Imām an-Nawawī (رحمه الله) on praying the sunan of the prayers that were joined.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.