All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[07/07/2023] Chapter: The Virtue and Excellence of ‘Alī b. Abī Ṭālib (رضى الله عنه) – Explanation of Kitāb As-Sunnah from Sunan Ibn Mājah [Lesson 100] – by Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul-Wāhid حفظه الله.
Listen to all previous lessons via the PLAYLIST HERE
Some points covered by Abu Khadeejah حفظه الله during this lesson:
- Chapter: The Virtue and Excellence of ‘Alī b. Abī Ṭālib (رضى الله عنه).
- The close blood relationship between the Prophet ﷺ and ‘Alī (رضى الله عنه).
- The reason Abū Ṭālib did not embrace Islām.
- Answering the question, “How can it be said that the people who died before the Prophet ﷺ received revelation will be in the Hellfire?”
- The only polytheist for whom intercession will be accepted.
- Ḥadīth #114.
- Those appointed by Allāh to be guardians of the heavens and guardians of the earth.
- Levels of excellence amongst the Companions, and other than them.
- The intent of ‘maḥabbah’ (love) mentioned in this ḥadīth.
- Striking the balance between exaggeration and negligence regarding love for ‘Alī (رضى الله عنه).
- How ‘Alī (رضى الله عنه) dealt with those who fell into exaggeration regarding him.
- The increase the Muhājirūn have over the Anṣār.
- The courage of the Prophet ﷺ.
- The reason why love of the Anṣār is a sign of īmān and hating them is a sign of hypocrisy.
- The reason the munāfiqūn (hypocrites) hate ‘Alī and the Anṣār.
- Abūl-‘Abbās al-Qurṭubī (رحمه الله) on the reason for love of the Anṣār.
- Clarification that this ḥadīth cannot be used to say that those from the Companions who differed with/fought ‘Alī are munāfiqūn.
- The definition of a mukhaḍram.
- Are Ḥasan and Ḥusayn (رضى الله عنهما) considered as Companions?
- Knowing the truth vs embracing the truth.
- Will the believers see Allāh?
- Advice to sisters who have recently embraced Salafiyyah.
- What practical measures and steps should the one who is new to Salafiyyah take in order to come away from mixed family gatherings that they have been accustomed to all their life without their family thinking badly of them?
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.