All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[02/07/2021] Beware Of Prejudice In All Of Its Forms – By Abu Hakeem Bilāl bin Ahmad Davis. Khutbah at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points covered during this khutbah:
- Allāh’s ennobling of Banī Ādam over the rest of creation.
- The reason sajdah to Ādam was permitted.
- That which determines our levels with Allāh.
- The command of the Messenger ﷺ to place the people in their correct/proper stations.
- Ennobling the elder, showing mercy to the young and giving the ‘ālim his right.
- The need to adorn ourselves with humility.
- Releasing traits of jāhiliyyah from our hearts.
- Imām al-Qurṭubī (رحمه الله) on the āyah, “O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one’s brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: “O sinner”, or “O wicked”, etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Ẓalimūn (wrong-doers, etc.).” [Sūrah al-Ḥujurāt 49:11]
- A statement from ‘Abdullāh b. Mas’ūd (رضى الله عنه) highlighting the evil of speaking ill with one’s tongue.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.