All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[25/12/2022] Benefits from ‘Akhlāqul ‘Ulamā’ (The Mannerisms of the Scholars) of Imām Al-Ājjuri [Part 2] – By Abu Hakeem Bilāl Davis حفظه الله. The SalafiPublications Winter Conference at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- The Adab of the ‘Ālim When He Is Asked.
- Balancing between hastening to respond and refraining from responding in completion.
- The foundation of his response.
- What he should do if he holds an opinion that opposes the Ṣaḥābah, if he is asked regarding an issue he does not know or if he is asked about troublesome issues that cause fitnah.
- What should be done if he learns his fatwā was erroneous or he is [rightfully] refuted.
- Not seeking to be raised.
- Characteristics of the Debating of the ‘Ālim.
- Refraining from debating and overpowering others with knowledge, except when necessary.
- A warning against arguing and debating without a need.
- Characteristics of the ‘Ālim When He Interacts with the Rest of Creation (i.e. how he is generally with the people).
- Negative traits and actions the ‘ālim should be free from.
- Characteristics of the ‘Ālim as it Relates to What Is Between Him and His Lord.
- Affairs the ‘ālim strives to carry out in order to gain closeness to Allāh.
- Allāh’s description of the people of knowledge.
- A description of the true faqīh.
- Allāh’s Questioning of the People of Knowledge Regarding What They Did with Their Knowledge.
- The great danger of not acting upon one’s knowledge.
- The Akhlāq of al-‘Ālim al-Jāhil Who Gives Fatwā With His Knowledge.
- The meaning and description of the ‘ālim who is ignorant.
- A warning against seeking the dunyā by way of knowledge.
- Seeking Beneficial Knowledge and Leaving Issues of No Benefit.
- The importance of the ‘ālim clinging to “Allāhu A’lam” when he doesn’t know.
- A detailed description of the one whom Allāh did not benefit with his knowledge.
- Truthfully analysing ourselves regarding which of these characteristics apply to us.
- Four things the Messenger ﷺ sought refuge with Allāh from.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.
Allahumma baarik, may Allaah bless the Shaykh abundantly for this powerful lecture and introducing us to this tremendous work of Imam al-Ajurry. The last 30 mins from 1:18:45 were one of the best portions of a lecture I’ve ever heard, as if the Shaykh was speaking about me directly to me.