All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[26/11/2022] Benefits from the Life & Knowledge of Shaikhunā ‘Ubaīd al-Jābirī – By Abu Hakeem Bilāl Davis حفظه الله. Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points covered by Abu Hakeem حفظه الله during this lesson:
- The Shaykh’s birth and education.
- The reason the death of the ‘ulamā is a gap.
- The da’wah in the UK and the mashāyikh of Saudi Arabia in the early 90s.
- The great concern the scholars of the Sunnah have for the establishment of the da’wah in the West.
- The first time meeting Shaykh ‘Ubayd (رحمه الله).
- The beginning of attending his lessons and the books that were taught.
- His ability to simplify difficult topics.
- A mention of some of the things observed from the Shaykh.
- His concern for the da’wah in the West.
- His advice to move away from general lectures and focus on studying books.
- His advice to ensure that our marākiz and masājid are well known to be sources of knowledge.
- His indifference towards gathering large numbers.
- The tranquility and composure in his speech and movements.
- The joking of the Shaykh.
- An example of the ḥikmah of the Shaykh.
- The zuhd of the Shaykh.
- The concern he had for his students and their families.
- His staunch defence of Ahlus-Sunnah.
- His humility and adherence to the truth.
- His defence of Tawḥīd and abhorrence of shirk and bid’ah.
- Golden nuggets gathered from the Shaykh while walking from the masjid to his house.
- The three categories of people as it relates to knowledge.
- Two things that save a person from fitnah.
- The Shaykh’s dislike for debating.
- His respect for the scholars, even when he disagreed with their position.
- The attitude the Salafī should have.
- How a person becomes firmly grounded in knowledge.
- Attributes of those who are guides for the ummah.
- The Shaykh’s advice during the fitnah of Iḥyā at-Turāth.
- His constant mention of the statement of Ibn Shawdhab.
- The three types of “evidences” used by the people of misguidance.
- Ibn al-Qayyim and Imām al-Ājurrī (رحمهم الله) on the crucial role of the ‘ulamā and the calamities that ensue when they pass away.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.
Be the first to comment