All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[23/12/2022] Benefits from Shaykh al-Fawzān’s: Virtues of the ‘Ulamā Who Act Upon the Knowledge They Have & An Encouragement to Seek Knowledge From the ‘Ulamā – By Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul Wahid حفظه الله. Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- Evidence from the Qur’ān and Sunnah regarding the virtue of knowledge and the people of knowledge.
- A distinguishing characteristic of Islām that no other religion has.
- The command to have knowledge and the prohibition of blindly following one’s forefathers.
- The necessity of having knowledge before speech and action.
- Explanation of the term ‘Salaf’.
- How knowledge was preserved.
- The reason there are so many sects in Islām.
- The fruits of knowledge.
- The rejection of any act that is not based upon the Qur’ān and Sunnah.
- How the origin of the religion of ‘Īsā (عليه السلام) was lost.
- The consequences of introducing and acting upon innovation.
- How the people of innovation resemble the people of Jāhiliyyah.
- The only thing that raises a person over another in Islām.
- Seeking honour in Islām alone.
- How ‘Abdullāh b. Mas’ūd (رضى الله عنه) dealt with ‘Amr b. ‘Utbah and his followers due to their opposition to the Sunnah in the affair of dhikr.
- Question regarding working for a company that deals in insurance and interest.
- Can I lead my wife in night prayers or do we have to pray separately?
- How do we deal with our Salafī brothers in matters of Fiqh whist the evidence is clear, such as issues of qaza’ [hairstyle that shaves part of the head and leaves part] and taṣwīr?
- Is it permissible for two men staying in a hotel to sleep in the same bed with separate covers?
- What is the ruling on being an engineer in a defence company in the west?
- Advice on how to give da’wah to Shī’ah who are flatmates.
- What is the history of prayer beads?
- As for the ḥadīth regarding obeying the ruler even if he is an Abyssinian slave whose head is shaped like a raisin, some would say this is belittling black people.
- Is it permissible to slaughter and eat a hen that was injured by a dog?
- What should a Muslim do when there is a moment of silence in commemoration of WWI?
- What is the ruling on making a GoFundMe after the death of a loved one in order to build a masjid for them as Ṣadaqatul-Jāriyah?
- Was the ‘Aqīdah of Ṣalāhuddīn al-Ayyūbī correct?
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.
Be the first to comment