All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[24/12/2022] Benefits from ‘Bayān Fadl Ilm al-Salaf’ of Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali – By Abu Iyaad Amjad Rafiq حفظه الله. The SalafiPublications Winter Conference at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- Overview of the treatise.
- The definition of ‘ilm’.
- An example to aid in understanding the distinction between ‘ilm, jahl murakkab, jahl basīṭ, dhann, wahm and shakk.
- The levels of ‘ilm.
- Proof from the Qur’ān regarding the heart being the seat/place of ‘ilm.
- Verses from the Qur’ān regarding knowledge that is beneficial and knowledge that is not beneficial.
- The foundation of the sciences of the religion vs the sciences of the people of disbelief.
- Seeking refuge with Allāh from being put to trial by way of knowledge that does not benefit.
- The things that constitute actual knowledge.
- Taking what is sufficient from other types of knowledge and being careful not to enter into excess.
- The bid’ah of those who claim philosophy is needed in order to know Allāh.
- Five innovated sciences that entered upon the Muslims and took the people away from beneficial knowledge:
- 1. What the Mu’tazilah entered into the ummah regarding Qadar and setting up similitudes for Allāh.
- The prohibition of looking into Qadar beyond what is beneficial and necessary.
- Arguments of the atheists which indicate that in reality they believe in a Creator.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.
Be the first to comment