All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[14/10/2022] Being Patient When You Are Harmed – By Abu Khadeejah Abdul Wāhid. حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
– The Messenger of Allāh ﷺ said, “The believer who mixes with people and is patient with the harm he receives from them, is better than the one who does not mix with people, and he is not patient with the harm that comes from them.” (Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, authenticated by Al-Albānī رحمه الله)
– What is meant by “mixing with the people”?
– Enjoining the good and forbidding evil when mixing with the people.
– Patience upon harm that is encountered when amongst the people.
– The dangers of separating and being distant from the people.
– The benefits of mixing with those who are righteous.
– Being a good example to those around you.
– The forbearance of Allāh with the creation.
– The meaning of the Name of Allāh Al-Ḥalīm.
– Allāh gives signs and reminders to the creation.
– The patience of the Prophets and Messengers عليهم السلام when faced with the harm of the people.
– Patience is at the time a calamity first strikes.
– Avoiding anger when tested or harmed.
– The patience of the Prophet ﷺ when he was harmed.
– The harm and trials Musā عليه السلام faced.
– Giving preference to particular individuals in order to soften their hearts.
– Carrying news that causes discord and corruption.
– Sincerely advising and removing harm.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.