All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[14/10/2016] Be Truthful & Keep Away From Lying: Traits Of A True Believer – By Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul Wahid حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid Salafi, Small Heath, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
- Truthfulness and what it leads to, and lying and what it leads to.
- The reason Abū Bakr (رضى الله عنه) was given the appellation ‘aṣ-Ṣiddīq’.
- The grades of the awliyā of Allāh.
- When a person becomes accustomed to lying.
- The meaning of ‘birr’ and ‘fujūr’.
- The obligation of worshipping Allāh truthfully.
- Truthfulness with the people, and Allāh’s command to fulfil our agreements.
- Truthfulness in buying and selling.
- The reason people are attracted to the truthful believer.
- The worst lie a person can perpetrate.
- The heinous crime of fabricating lies against Allāh.
- Being cautious regarding what we say/spread regarding the dīn.
- The severity of giving false witness and speaking with false statements.
- Traits of the hypocrite.
- Taking ourselves to account before the Day we are brought to account.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.