All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[04/08/2023] “And When I Am Ill, It Is He Who Cures Me” – Abu Idrees Muhammad Khān حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid Salafi, Small Heath, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
- A reminder to increase in sending salutations upon the Prophet ﷺ.
- The manhaj/mindset we should have when sick, as laid down by Prophet Ibrāhīm (عليه السلام).
- The prohibition of cursing fever, and the blessing present in it.
- Curing one’s soul and mindset before taking medicine.
- The īmān and strength of the Salaf during illness, exemplified in the story of ‘Urwah b. Zubayr (رحمه الله) when his leg was amputated.
- Recognising that we are weak and Allāh is Al-Qawiyy.
- Responding to the one who says there is no cure for his illness.
- Shaykh Aḥmad an-Najmī (رحمه الله) on switching off support machines.
- A warning against being hasty in giving permission to switch off support machines.
- Ibn al-Qayyim (رحمه الله) on the meaning of there being a cure for every sickness.
- Encouragement to visit the sick.
- A tremendous ḥadīth that gives hope to those who are ill.
- The Promise of Allāh given to the believers.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.