All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[16/06/2023] “All Rectification Lies In Following The Sunnah” – By Abu Inaayah Seif حفظه الله. Masjid Salafi, Small Heath, Birmingham, UK.
Some points covered during this lesson:
- Ibn al-Qayyim (رحمه الله) on the best gatherings.
- Analysing the statement of Shaykh al-Islām Ibn Taymiyyah (رحمه الله), “Whoever reflects/ponders over the affairs of this world, then he will find that every single rectification is by way of the Tawḥīd of Allāh, worshipping Him alone and obeying His Messenger ﷺ. And every single evil that occurs in this world, every fitnah (trial/tribulation), calamity, drought, occupation from the enemy and other than that (from those evil affairs) is only due to opposing the Messenger ﷺ and calling to other than Allāh.”
- Āyāt regarding attaining guidance and taqwā by way of obeying Allāh and His Messenger ﷺ.
- Ways in which the Sunnah is rectification for an individual.
- Imām as-Sa’dī (رحمه الله) on the āyah, “Allāh will keep firm those who believe, with the word that stands firm in this world, and in the Hereafter.” [Sūrah Ibrāhīm 14:27]
- Being guided to righteous actions before death.
- Attaining the love of Allāh by following the Messenger ﷺ.
- Ibn Kathīr (رحمه الله) on the āyah, “Say (O Muḥammad ﷺ to mankind): ‘If you (really) love Allāh then follow me, Allāh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allāh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.’” [Sūrah Āli ‘Imrān 3:31]
- Those who refuse to enter Jannah.
- Imām as-Sa’dī (رحمه الله) on the āyah, “O you who believe! Answer Allāh and (His) Messenger when he (ﷺ) calls you to that which will give you life, and know that Allāh comes in between a person and his heart. And verily to Him you shall (all) be gathered.” [Sūrah al-Anfāl 8:24]
- The du’ā the Messenger ﷺ would frequently supplicate with, and the reason why he did so.
- A warning against allowing sins to accumulate and completely engulf the heart.
- Ibn al-Qayyim (رحمه الله) on two diseases that lead to the death of the heart.
- How to protect the heart from being corrupted by these diseases.
- Imām as-Sa’dī (رحمه الله) on the āyah, “It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allāh and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allāh and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error.” [Sūrah al-Aḥzāb 33:36]
- A profound statement from Imām Aḥmad (رحمه الله) regarding the obligation of obeying the Messenger ﷺ and the consequence of disobeying him.
- Imām as-Sa’dī (رحمه الله) on the āyah, “But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muḥammad ﷺ) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [Sūrah an-Nisā 4:65]
- Shaykh Rabī’ (حفظه الله) on the necessity of returning rulings back to Allāh and His Messenger ﷺ and judging who is upon the truth by way of this.
- A statement from Abū Bakr (رضى الله عنه) that exemplifies the Companions’ strict adherence to the Sunnah and fear of deviation.
- A description of the Strangers.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.