All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[December 2005] A tele-link lecture delivered at Al-Athariyyah in East London, UK. A tremendous reminder from this noble Scholar, Al-‘Allāmah Ṣāliḥ Al-Luḥaydān رحمه الله concerning the importance of having patience when giving da’wah. Translated by Abu Hakeem Bilāl Davis حفظه الله.
Points discussed during this lesson:
– The necessity of having knowledge and being patient upon obtaining it before giving da’wah.
– Ardently wanting guidance for the people.
– The inevitability of receiving harm from the people upon this path.
– Being gentle and humble with the people and distancing oneself from belittling or cursing them.
– The manner of calling the non-Muslims to Islām.
– Dealing with the people in a good manner and making apparent one’s desire for them to attain happiness in this life and the next.
– Calling the people to noble mannerisms and warning them against all evil and oppression.
– The necessity of repeatedly reading about the da’wah of the Messengers and their followers, and taking them as examples in how they spent their wealth and travelled to establish the call to Allāh.
– The order in which the people are called to establish the pillars of Islām.
– Preparing oneself with small books and pamphlets that explain the fundamentals of the dīn.
– Winning the hearts of the people.
– The necessity of adorning oneself with noble manners and character, implementing what one calls the people to and staying away from what is ḥarām.
– Women traveling from a non-Muslim land to a Muslim land without a maḥram, knowing they will not gain citizenship in that land.
– Determining the end of a woman’s ‘iddah.
– Advice for the one giving da’wah to their Sūfī family.
– Advice regarding the books a new student of knowledge should begin with.
– Using books that contain references to magic for the purpose of teaching the English language.
– Niyyah regarding Ḥajj and ‘Umrah.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.