All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[16/12/2022] The Virtues of the Companions of the Messenger ﷺ [Cont. Part 4] – Explanation of Kitāb As-Sunnah from Sunan Ibn Mājah [Lesson 94] – by Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul-Wāhid حفظه الله.
Listen to all previous lessons via the PLAYLIST HERE
Some of the points discussed in this lesson:
- The Virtues of the Companions of the Messenger ﷺ [Part 4].
- Chapter: The Virtues of Abū Bakr aṣ-Ṣiddīq (رضى الله عنه).
- Ḥadīth #94.
- The unmatched way in which Abū Bakr benefited the Messenger ﷺ.
- The reason Abū Bakr was called ‘aṣ-Ṣiddīq’.
- The humility of Abū Bakr and the beautiful manners he displayed with the Messenger ﷺ.
- Ḥadīth #95.
- The ‘aqīdah of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamā’ah regarding giving preference to Abū Bakr, ‘Umar, ‘Uthmān and ‘Alī over the rest of the Companions, in that order.
- The intent of Abū Bakr and ‘Umar being the chiefs/leaders of the middle-aged people of Jannah.
- Proof that only youth will be in Jannah.
- Ibn Athīr on what is considered middle-aged.
- The ḥadīth regarding Ḥasan and Ḥusayn being the two leaders of the youth of Jannah.
- Proof that ‘Alī knew and accepted who the best of the Companions were.
- Aḥādīth that clearly state Abū Bakr and ‘Umar are from the People of Jannah.
- Where can one who is new to Salafiyyah go to learn the correct understanding and methodology regarding refutations of individuals, parties and ideologies, and understanding Jarḥ wa Ta’dīl so they don’t fall into the snares of the people of bid’ah, the ḥizbiyyīn and others?
- How are we to understand the title ‘sayyid’?
- Advice to sisters who listen to any speaker regardless of ‘Aqīdah, Manhaj, stances or who they corporate with because they talk about marriage, relationships, heartbreak and other affairs that are considered to be empathetic, funny and relatable to young adults.
- What is the correct stance of the Sunni Salafī regarding those who sit and cooperate in the field of da’wah with the likes of Muḥammad Ḥijāb, Abū Taymiyyah, Haytham Haddād, Hamza Tzortzis, Adnān Rashīd, Abū Usāmah etc.?
- Question from a non-Muslim: What is the main belief of the Muslims, who do you follow, what book do you read from and what do you believe about the Bible?
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.