All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[01/10/2022] The True Reality Of This World – By Abu Idrees Muhammad Khan – Markaz Us-Sunnah Conference | London.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- The Speech of the Creator of the dunyā regarding its reality.
- The reason Allāh describes the dunyā as being deceiving.
- Adopting the mindset of the Salaf in how they were affected by the verses of the Qur’ān.
- Aḥadīth regarding the dunyā.
- The meaning of the dunyā being “sweet and green”.
- The worthlessness and insignificance of the dunyā.
- Statements from the Salaf regarding the dunyā.
- Ibn al-Mubārak and Yaḥyā b. Mu’ādh on the intoxication of love of the dunyā and the point at which the person will become sober.
- Sufyān ath-Thawrī’s advice on how to save oneself from being amongst those who have drowned in this dunyā.
- Ibn al-Qayyim on the obstacles we are faced with and the only way to be safeguarded against being destroyed by them.
- Ibn Mas’ūd (رضى الله عنه) on making the choice between the harms of this life and the ākhirah.
- Words from Ibn Sammāk that put into perspective the very short period we have left in the dunyā.
- The way of the Salaf in travelling [not literally, but with their minds/thoughts] to the ākhirah when things become difficult.
- Sufyān ath-Thawrī on the fruits of abstaining from the dunyā.
- Bishr b. Ḥārith’s question to Sufyān ath-Thawrī regarding if it is possible for a person to be a zāhid and possess wealth.
- Ibn al-Qayyim on cutting the attachment of the dunyā from one’s heart.
- Ibn Taymiyyah on the meaning of zuhd and wara’.
- Sa’īd b. Jubyar on how to judge if the dunyā has become a deceiving enjoyment for a person.
- Yūsuf b. Asbāṭ on the difficulty of abstaining from seeking leadership.
- The Prophet ﷺ on not giving leadership to the one who seeks it or the one who yearns for it.
- The only protection for our families and solution to all of our problems.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.