All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[24/07/2015] The Rights of the Newborn Child – By Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul Wahid حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
The ‘aqīqah is from the rights of the child.
- Three affairs that occur on the seventh day after the birth of the baby.
- Statements from the scholars regarding the ‘aqīqah being an established practice.
- Imām Aḥmad b. Ḥanbal (رحمه الله) on why the ‘aqīqah should not be left, and his reply when he was asked regarding a person who does not have something to slaughter.
- The time of the slaughtering.
- The meaning of the statement of the Prophet ﷺ, “Every child is held in pledge by his ‘aqīqah.”
- The permissibility of a person performing the ‘aqīqah on his own behalf, and a mention of some of the early Salaf who did this.
- The type and number of animals that are to be slaughtered.
- The shaving of the head of the baby.
- Ibn al-Qayyim (رحمه الله) on the benefits of shaving the head.
- Proof for shaving the head of both the male and female baby.
- Cultivating our children to be the next generation upon the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allāh ﷺ.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.