All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[Dec 2010] The Realities Of Christmas – By Abu Hakeem Bilāl Davis حفظه الله.
– Understanding principles related to celebrating festivities.
– The intent of differing from the kuffār.
– Statements of the scholars regarding the meaning of the ḥadīth, “Whoever resembles a
people then he is from them.”
– Other categories of individuals and aspects of creation it is impermissible for us to resemble.
– Examples of how carrying out regular actions can fall under resembling the kuffār due to intent.
– The origin of the term ‘Christmas’.
– The kufr of congratulating/joining in with salutations for Christmas.
– Ibn al-Qayyim (رحمه الله) on congratulating the kuffār for symbols specific to kufr and the
ruling on the Muslim who does so.
– The reason for selecting December 25th for celebrating Christmas and the significance of
this period for the pagans.
– The claims of Paul.
– Gentiles (non-Jews) entering into Christianity and how the heads of Christendom
incorporated their pagan practices into Christianity.
– The pagan origin of various practices that were incorporated into the celebration of
– The origin of ‘Father Christmas’.
– The origin of Boxing Day.
– An example of how Christmas opposes what is in the Bible.
– The perfection of Islām.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.