All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
 The Names & Attributes of Allāh – By Abū Ṭalḥah Dāwūd Burbank (رحمه الله). Al-Maktabatus Salafiyyah, Muntz Street, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
– The ijtihād of the scholars in extracting 99 Names of Allāh from the Qur’ān and Sunnah, and the reason they strive to compile a list of these Names.
– A look at Shaykh ‘Uthaymīn’s book, Qawā’id al-Muthlā, wherein are principles of the People of Sunnah regarding Allāh’s Names and a refutation of the People of Innovation.
– The books used as references for this topic:
1. Tafsir of Ibn Jarīr aṭ-Ṭabarī: Jāmi’ul-Bayān
2. Tafsīr of Ibn Kathīr
3. Tafsīr of as-Sa’dī: Taysīrul-Karīm ar-Raḥmān
4. Tafsīr of al-Baghawī
5. Majmū’ al-Fatāwā of Shaykh al-Islām Ibn Taymiyyah
6. An-Nūniyyah of Ibn al-Qayyim
7. ’Iddatuṣ-Ṣābirīn of Ibn al-Qayyim
8. Ar-Radd ‘alal-Jahmiyyah of Imām Aḥmad
9. Badā’il-Fawā’id of Ibn al-Qayyim
10. Sha’nud-Du’ā of al-Khaṭṭābī
11. Tafsīr Asmā’illāhil-Ḥusnā of az-Zajjāj
12. Al-Ḥujjah fī Bayānil-Maḥajjah of Qiwām as-Sunnah al-Aṣbahānī
13. At-Tawḥīd of Ibn Mandah
14. An-Nihāyah fī Gharībil-Ḥadīth of Ibn al-Athīr
15. Tafsīr Gharībil-Qur’ān of Ibn Qutaybah
16. Al-Mufradāt of ar-Rāghib
17. Lisānul-‘Arab of Ibn Mandhūr
18. Al-Haqqul-Wāḍiḥul-Mubīn of as-Sa’dī
1. Is it permissible to use names such as al-Jamīl, ar-Rafīq, al-Ḥakīm (with alif and lām)? [01:06:24]
2. What did the Prophet ﷺ say after the prayer, with regard to adhkār? [01:09:53]
3. What is the correct translation of the Name of Allāh Al-Qadīr? [01:11:30]
4. Are the first 81 Names mentioned by Shaykh ‘Uthaymīn (رحمه الله) in his book only found in the Qur’ān, are the rest only found in the Sunnah, and why is it mentioned that Ar-Rabb is taken from the Sunnah when it is found throughout the Qur’ān? [01:12:30]
5. Why did the Shaykh include certain Names and exclude others? [01:16:31]
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.