All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[January 2009] Ten Evil Consequences of Envy & Jealousy – By حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
⁃ Being grateful for the blessings of Allāh.
⁃ An evil trait Allāh and His Messenger ﷺ has warned us from.
⁃ Iblīs’ envy for our father Ādam (عليه السلام) and the outcome of his arrogance and jealousy.
⁃ Iblīs’ hatred for Ādam (عليه السلام) and his progeny.
⁃ The story of the two sons of Ādam.
⁃ The envy of the Jews towards the Prophet ﷺ and his ummah.
⁃ The definition of ḥasad.
⁃ From the evil consequences of jealousy:
1. Objection to the Ordainment of Allāh and casting accusations against the Judgement of Allāh in how He bestows His blessings.
2. Denial of the Wisdom and Ability of Allāh in controlling the affairs.
3. The spread of hatred amongst the people.
4. Scheming/plotting to remove the blessings of the one a person is jealous of.
5. Not accepting the truth, especially when it comes from the one a person is jealous of.
6. Falling into ghībah and namīmah.
7. Falling into that which Allāh and His Messenger ﷺ has forbidden regarding the right of one’s fellow Muslim.
8. Squandering of one’s good deeds and causing them to be lost.
9. A perpetual state of distress and anxiety for the jealous person.
10. Destruction of societies.
⁃ Golden advice from Shaykh al-Fawzān (حفظه الله) regarding what a person should do if he finds jealousy in his soul.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.