All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[20/07/2018] “Sufism: Extreme Love That Leads to Misguidance and Heresy.” – Lessons in Aqīdah and Da’wah of Shaikh Sālih al Fawzān – By Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul Wahid حفظه الله. Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Other lessons from this lecture playlist can be found here.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- The first appearance of Taṣawwuf, its early adherents and the extent of how it was practiced.
- The combination of false doctrines found in the infiltrated ideology of Sufism.
- The reason they call themselves Sūfīs/ that which they ascribe themselves to.
- Statements and actions of disbelief by the Ṣūfiyyah.
- Their limitation of worship to love alone and their neglect of the other aspects of worship.
- Ibn Taymiyyah’s definition of worship, and the manner in which Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamā’ah worship Allāh.
- The Ṣūfīs’ resemblance to the Christians.
- The zindīq, murjī, khārijī and mu’min muwaḥḥid as it relates to love, hope and fear of Allāh.
- The test for if a person truly loves Allāh.
- The practices of the Ṣūfiyyah vs the Companions of the Messenger ﷺ.
- Their belief in Waḥdatul-Wujūd.
- Their belief that the boundaries of the Sharī’ah do not apply to their Shaykhs.
- The impermissible ways in which they express their “love” for Allāh.
- Their blind loyalty to their Shaykhs, even if they see them committing sins.
- Severe warnings from the Prophet ﷺ against taking the graves as places of worship.
- Their false principle of ‘Ilm adh-Dhāhir and ‘Ilm al-Bāṭin, and their resemblance to the Shī’ah.
- Their obedience to the shayāṭīn and how the shayāṭīn aid them in deceiving the people.
- The promise of Iblīs.
- Some examples of the ḥarām affairs present in their poems and how they try to mask it.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.