All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions and true followers.
[18/11/2016] Piety Lies in Good Character, Righteous Company & Avoiding the Snares of the People of Desires — Beautiful Benefits from Shaykh Rabī‘ – By Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul Wahid حفظه الله. Khutbah at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this Khutbah:
– Āyāt and aḥadīth regarding the lofty character of the Messenger ﷺ.
– The heaviest thing on the scale of good deeds on the Day of Judgement and that which enters a person into Jannah.
– The meaning of ‘birr’ and ‘ithm’.
– Four traits of hypocrisy.
– How to attain the station of the one who often fasts during the day and prays at night, without carrying out these two actions.
– Aḥādīth regarding companionship.
– Statements from the Salaf regarding the great danger of sitting with Ahlul-Bid’ah, and the company that is better and more beloved than theirs.
– The affinity between souls.
– A warning from Shaykh Rabī’ (حفظه الله) regarding mixing with the people of desires and an encouragement to learn from those who were deceived by their own souls, relied upon their abilities and were thus destroyed.
– The one who claims to mix with Ahlul-Bid’ah in order to give them da’wah and how he falls into the traps of Shayṭān.
– Powerful examples of scholars of the past who were deceived by Ahlul-Bid’ah, such as:
– How ‘Abdur-Razzāq aṣ-Ṣan’ānī, an imām of Ḥadīth whom Aḥmad b. Ḥanbal, Yaḥyā b. Ma’īn, Isḥāq b. Ibrāhīm ar-Rāhūyah and ‘Alī al-Madīnī took ḥadīth from, fell into the snares of the Shī’ah.
– How Abū Dharr al-Harawī, an eminent scholar of Ḥadīth, fell into the traps of the Ashā’irah and then spread their doctrine in al-Maghrib.
– Acting upon the consensus of the Salaf in abandoning Ahlul-Bid’ah and not deceiving ourselves into thinking that we are capable of mixing with those upon misguidance.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.