All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[07/01/2023] O My Lord! Verily My People Have Abandoned This Qur’ān – By Abu Idrees Muhammad Khān حفظه الله – Masjid Bin Bāz – London.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- The greatness of the Qur’ān.
- Shaykh Muḥammad Amīn ash-Shinqiṭī (رحمه الله) on the āyah, “But whosoever turns away from My Reminder verily, for him is a life of hardship, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection.” [Sūrah Ṭā Hā 20:124]
- Our Messenger’s ﷺ complaint to His Lord about his ummah.
- The meaning of ‘tadabbur’, and its benefits.
- Allāh’s command to reflect upon the Qur’ān.
- Imām al-Ājurrī (رحمه الله) on the benefits of reflecting upon the Qur’ān.
- The intent and result of tadabbur.
- The disparagement of the one who recites the Qur’ān but does not act upon it.
- The difference between the Ṣaḥābah and those who came after them regarding memorising and acting upon the Qur’ān.
- The categories of people who recite the Qur’ān.
- The three categories of what is present within the Qur’ān.
- ‘Alī b. Abī Ṭālib’s (رضى الله عنه) advice to act upon one’s knowledge and his description of those whose knowledge is of no benefit.
- The great station of learning the Qur’ān and teaching it to others.
- The du’ā of Ibrāhīm (عليه السلام) that was answered by Allāh.
- Benefits of purification of the soul.
- A glimpse into the lives of the Salaf and their relationship with the Qur’ān.
- Encouragement to strive for the ākhirah, make the Qur’ān a part of our lives and establish our homes upon the Qur’ān and Sunnah.
- Is it allowed for me to invite some men at home and have my family sit together and have these men recite on us?
- Who are the Salafīs in East London?
- Can you pick up your phone while praying if you drop it and it is ringing?
- What is the ruling on using the term ‘ustādh’?
- When we say reflect upon the Qur’ān, does it mean we can come to our own conclusions?
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.
Be the first to comment