All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[18/08/2022] Lesson 18: Advice To Those Who Fanatically Cling To One Of The Madhāhib Or One Of The Scholars – Readings From “Beneficial Answers to Questions Regarding The Innovated Methodologies” – Lessons with Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul-Wāhid حفظه الله.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- Question 25: Advice to those who fanatically cling to one of the madhāhib or one of the scholars.
- Two extremes people fall into regarding the madhāhib.
- How fanaticism can lead to kufr.
- The balanced approach regarding the madhāhib.
- The difference between an error in ‘Aqīdah from a scholar of Sunnah and one whose foundation is based upon bid’ah.
- The agreement in ‘Aqīdah of the early Salaf and the necessity of returning/referring to it.
- What distinguishes Ahlus-Sunnah from those who are fanatical regarding the errors of their scholars.
- An example of differing amongst the Salafī scholars regarding a branch of ‘Aqīdah and why a person should not fall into confusion due to this.
- The one who is rewarded for his ijtihād vs the one who has no right to make ijtihād.
- The importance of humility for the seeker of knowledge.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.