All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[22/08/2020] How to Deal With Anxiety, Stress and Depression – The Advice of Ibnul-Qayyim رحمه الله – By Abu Idrees Muhammad Khān حفظه الله. Masjid as-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
– Allāh cures all diseases.
– Facing the reality that we will be tested, and preparing ourselves for these moments.
– The difference between al-Ḥuzn, al-Hamm and al-Ghamm.
– Āyāt that mention sadness.
– The Messenger’s ﷺ seeking refuge with Allāh from sadness.
– The most beneficial words to say in times of hardship, and two tremendous foundations it entails.
– The course of action if the calamities are due to our sins and shortcomings.
– Looking at the blessings we still have in times of calamity/loss and being grateful for them.
– Understanding the reality that sadness and anxiety will not cause the problems to go away.
– Losing the reward for patience is far greater than the calamity itself.
– The evil effects of jaz’ (anxiety, sadness, grief, sorrow), and the benefits of remaining patient.
– The outcome of patience and seeking reward with Allāh.
– Those whom Bayt al-Ḥamd (the House of Praise) is built for in Jannah.
– Finding comfort in knowing that the promise of Allāh is true and Allāh never breaks His promises.
– The reason why some people [on the Day of Judgement] would wish they were afflicted in this life.
– The only thing that cannot be replaced.
– The difference between choosing to be patient and being forced to be patient.
– The best medicine for the slave.
– The reason Allāh sends down calamities upon His slaves.
– The bitterness and sweetness of this life and the hereafter.
– The most beneficial and the most detrimental thing for the slave.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.