All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[02/08/2022] Golden Advice of the Salaf to Their Children – By Abu Idrees Muhammad Khān حفظه الله. Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
– Examples from the Prophets and Salaf in how they advised their children.
– The reason parents advise their children.
– Divine Naṣīḥah from our Lord.
– Imām Baghawī (رحمه الله) on the manner in which one saves his family from the Fire.
– One of the greatest trusts upon a person.
– The duty of the parents to cultivate and educate their children.
– The importance of du’ā and leading by example when cultivating one’s children.
– Examples from Qur’ān of Ibrāhīm (عليه السلام) making du’ā for his offspring.
– The most beloved and comforting thing to the eye of a believer.
– Three supplications that are answered, and the prohibition of making du’ā against your children.
– Ibrāhīm’s (عليه السلام) love and concern for his offspring.
– The concern of Ya’qūb (عليه السلام) when death approached him.
– Luqmān al-Ḥakim’s (رحمه الله) advice to his son.
– The importance the Salaf gave to cultivating their children, and examples of how they advised their families.
– How to deal with a child/loved one who has fallen short.
– Profound, heartfelt words of advice from Ja’far b. Muḥammad aṣ-Ṣādiq (رحمه الله) to his son Mūsā regarding being content with what Allāh has ordained, not oppressing or seeking after the faults of others, the importance of good companionship, that which brings about humiliation, speaking the truth, being a reciter of the Book of Allāh, keeping family ties, and more.
– The importance of spending time together as a family.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.