All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[25/12/2022] Benefits from ‘Bayān Fadl Ilm al-Salaf’ of Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali [Part 2] – By Abu Iyaad Amjad Rafiq حفظه الله. The SalafiPublications Winter Conference at Masjid As-Salafi, Birmingham, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- Review of the previous lesson.
- Five innovated sciences that entered upon the Muslims and took the people away from beneficial knowledge [continued]:
- 2. ‘Ilmul-Kalām
- The danger of the Mu’tazilah’s invented speech regarding the Essence of Allāh.
- How they adopted this type of innovated language.
- The two categories of people who adopted this speech.
- Those who introduced Tashbīh into the ummah.
- The way of the Salaf regarding the texts about the Attributes of Allāh.
- The Ṣaḥābah never entered into Philosophy.
- The great danger of ‘Ilmul-Kalām.
- 3. The claim that logic is needed to evaluate affairs of Fiqh.
- Ibn Taymiyyah (رحمه الله) on the harms of Greek Philosophy upon the Muslims.
- Restricting our opinions to that of those who came before us.
- 4. Disputation and argumentation.
- The Salaf’s rejection of disputation and argumentation regarding ḥalāl and ḥarām.
- Proof for the blameworthiness of argumentation.
- An apt similitude used by Imām Mālik (رحمه الله) that highlights his dislike of great amounts of speech and issuing of fatāwā.
- The negative effects of disputation in knowledge.
- Statements from the Salaf regarding why they remained silent and did not enter into debate and argumentation.
- The most beneficial sciences.
- 5. Taṣawwuf
- The evil outcome of not restricting knowledge to the Qur’ān and Sunnah.
- An example of how these foreign influences lead to kufr and shirk.
- The path of safety and beneficial knowledge.
- The foundation of all knowledge.
- Striving to preoccupy ourselves with beneficial knowledge and develop a private relationship with our Lord.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.
Be the first to comment