All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[July 2022] And To Remain Patient Is Better For You – By Abu Idrees Muhammad Khan حفظه الله – Montego Bay – Jamaica.
Some points covered within this lecture:
– The reason for choosing this topic.
– Proof that tests are inevitable for the believers. Benefits from the āyāt:
– “And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to aṣ-Ṣābirīn (the patient ones, etc.).” [Sūrah al-Baqarah 2:155]
– “Verily! We have made that which is on earth as an adornment for it, in order that We may test them (mankind) as to which of them are best in deeds.” [Sūrah al-Kahf 18:7]
– “And surely, We shall try you till We test those who strive hard (for the Cause of Allāh) and the patient ones” [Sūrah Muḥammad 47:31]
– “Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: ‘We believe,’ and will not be tested.” [Sūrah al-‘Ankabūt 29:2]
– “Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, ‘When (will come) the Help of Allāh?’ Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allāh is near!” [Sūrah al-Baqarah 2:214]
– Understanding the principle: Allāh does not wrong any soul.
– The reason the Prophets and Messengers were tested.
– The Mercy of Allāh in informing us of the stories of those who came before.
– Aḥādīth from the Messenger ﷺ regarding the believers being tested.
– The reason why some believing men and women will meet Allāh with no sin upon them.
– That which determines the severity of a person’s test.
– A sign that Allāh loves/wants good for a slave.
– Solutions to the problems/difficulties we are facing.
– Saying Innā Lillāhi wa innā ilayhi rāji’ūn in the time of calamity, and the story of Umm Salamah (رضى الله عنها).
– The tremendous fruits of patience and taqwā.
– Following the example of the Prophet ﷺ in not meeting an evil with an evil.
– Seeking the Aid of Allāh through patience and prayer.
– Utilising the blessings of Allāh to carry out righteous actions and accumulate good deeds in the hereafter.
– Pearls of wisdom from Yaḥyā b. Mu’ādh, Shurayḥ al-Qāḍī, Ḥasan al-Baṣrī (رحمهم الله) and ‘Umar b. al-Khaṭṭāb (رضى الله عنه) regarding patience.
– A beautiful du’ā asking Allāh for patience.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.