All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
‘Ā’ishah – The Scholar, The Caller To Allāh (رضي الله عنها) – By Abu Hakeem Bilāl Davis (حفظه الله).
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- The advice of the Messenger ﷺ to ‘Ā’ishah (رضى الله عنها).
- The excellent example found in the Mother of the Believers ‘A’ishah b. Abī Bakr (رضى الله عنها).
- The way of Ahlul-Ḥadīth in clinging to and studying the Book and the Sunnah, and Ibn al-Qayyim’s rebuttal of those who disparage them for this.
- Proof that it is upon both men and women to enjoin good and forbid evil.
- The prerequisite of knowledge and basīrah (clear-sightedness) for the one who calls to Allāh.
- Three main affairs regarding basīrah highlighted in the instruction of the Messenger ﷺ to Mu’ādh (رضى الله عنه) when he sent him to Yemen.
- An analysis of how ‘Ā’ishah applied the advice of the Messenger ﷺ to adorn herself with gentleness.
- The admonition she gave to her brother regarding perfecting his wudū’.
- Her rebuke of the son of her brother for his mistakes in the Arabic language and praying when food is served.
- The nobility, chastity and fiqh of ‘Ā’ishah displayed in an incident that occurred while she was making ṭawāf with her companion.
- ‘Ā’ishah’s response to Sa’d b. Hishām b. ‘Āmir when she heard of his intention to practice celibacy.
- Her firmness in preventing a slave-girl from entering her home due to her wearing bells.
- Her response regarding a woman who wore the sandals of men.
- Her rebuke of a group of youth who were laughing at a man who almost injured himself.
- An example of her firmness in ‘Aqīdah and Manhaj when the woman asked her regarding not making up the prayers due to menses.
- I am a new Muslimah and the father of my child has threatened to teach my child Christianity and take me to court to have full custody of my children. What are his rights upon my child, should I allow him visits to my child and can my child be in his company?
- What is the waiting period of a woman who is barren or has had surgery to stop pregnancy?
- When a woman is on her menses, what areas of her body are permissible to fondle [by her husband]?
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.