All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all creation—and may He extol the Messenger in the highest company of Angels, and grant him peace and security—likewise to his family, Companions, and true followers.
[22/10/2022] A Heartfelt Advice To Every Parent And Child – By Abu Idrees Muhammad Khān حفظه الله. Lesson at Markaz Mu’aadh Bin Jabal, Slough, UK.
Some points discussed during this lesson:
- Both the parents and the children have been commanded by Allāh.
- Allāh’s address to the parents.
- ‘Alī b. Abī Ṭālib, Ibn ‘Abbās, Mujāhid and Qatādah on the explanation of the verse, “O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire whose fuel is men and stones…”
- The most beloved thing to parents, and their biggest fear.
- Following the way of the Prophets regarding the great concern they had for their children.
- The example of Ya’qūb on his deathbed and Luqmān regarding their concern for their children.
- A call to the children to understand that their parents are only advising them with what Allāh has commanded and it is not from themselves.
- A touching story highlighting the great concern ‘Abdullāh b. Ḥarām (the father of Jābir b. ‘Abdillāh) had for his children.
- The need for parents and children to be merciful to one another.
- The nature of parents regarding how they are affected by the pain and difficulties their children are going through.
- Proof from the Qur’ān and Sunnah for the obligation and great station of being dutiful to one’s parents.
- Finding common ground where our children feel comfortable to come to us.
- Not falling into despair when we are tested with our children.
- The necessity of being forgiving with our children, and not abandoning them when they fall short.
- A heartfelt appeal to the youth to return to the truth and go to their parents regarding whatever they are going through.
- The consequences of not showing mercy to our children.
- A call to the parents to be a support for their children, not an obstacle.
- A reminder that the Prophets were tested with loved ones.
Polite Request: We have made these audios freely available ― We request that you donate the amount of just £2 or $2 (or more) as a Sadaqah to the Salafi Bookstore and Islamic Centre so they can continue their work to print and distribute free audios, leaflets and booklets to aid the da’wah of Ahlus-Sunnah and Hadīth across the world. And please make du’ā to Allah that He continues to aid and strengthen this blessed da’wah.
Please leave a comment below after listening to this audio, and make sure to share. May Allah bless you.
Be the first to comment